Welcome to Mac Diva's pantry.

This is an Aaron Hawkins fan site.





Contact: red_ankle@mac.com

 
Archives
<< current













 



























Resources:

Best of the Blogs
Blogarama
Blogosphere.us
Blogstreet
Buzzflash
Pacific Northwest Blogs PeaceBlogs.org
Popdex
Progressive Gold
Site Meter
Technorati
The Truth Laid Bear


Listed on BlogShares

Google
WWW Mac-a-ro-nies

Links:



Contribute:

A gift from Amazon Wish List

Donate via PayPal



Blogroll Me!

Mac-a-ro-nies
 
Tuesday, July 01, 2003  

People are saying: Bush must go

*A regretful farewell

We're losing one of our best bloggers. Jesus' General has announced a hiatus.

I've really enjoyed doing this. I love showing the bigots and the conservatives and the bigoted conservatives and the conservative bigots for the buffoons they are. I'd like to keep on doing it, but I've decided to devote all of my free time to booting Bush out of office. I can't justify spending a single moment doing anything else. It's just too important.

I've been away from politics for a decade now. It was once my life. I have a masters in political management from The Graduate School of Political Management at The George Washington University and ten years of campaign experience -- I did it for a living for three of those years. I was good at it. Every campaign I had complete control over succeeded and I'm talking about Democrats in Utah. I quit doing it because I needed to be home with my family more and I was at a stage in my career where I had to travel around the country to make it to the next level. I don't regret doing it, but now I think I need to dust off those old skills to help put this country back on track.

I agree with Tim that evicting George W. Bush from the White House should be the top priority of anyone who calls him or herself a liberal or progressive. I hope he has the best of luck in his new endeavor. However, I wish he would continue blogging. Too much of the liberal blogosphere consists of phoneys and blowhards. He is neither. We need people like him to compensate for their excesses.

*Bush's career: A crazy salad

Speaking of la administration, Beatnik Salad offers us the personal history of George W. Bush, starting with the life story that made him an, um, viable, candidate for President, with an assist from the U.S. Supreme Court.

Past work experience:

Ran for congress and lost.

Produced a Hollywood slasher B movie.

Bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas, company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock.

Accomplishments:

Changed pollution laws for power and oil companies and made Texas the most polluted state in the Union. Replaced Los Angeles with Houston as the most smog ridden city in America.

Cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas government to the tune of billions in borrowed money.

Set record for most executions by any Governor in American history.

Became president after losing the popular vote by over 500,000 votes, with the help of my father's appointments to the Supreme Court and my brother Jeb.

Go to the Salad and keep reading. You will become more and and more, um, impressed, with the current resident of the White House. Ryan has George's number.

*WMD or a keg of beer?

Via Ara Rubyan at E Pluribus Unum Byte Back has more intelligence on the Commander in Thief.

. . . Time magazine's fly-on-the-wall account of Bush's trip to Qatar:

Meeting last month at a sweltering U.S. base outside Doha, Qatar, with his top Iraq commanders, President Bush skipped quickly past the niceties and went straight to his chief political obsession: Where are the weapons of mass destruction? Turning to his Baghdad proconsul, Paul Bremer, Bush asked, "Are you in charge of finding WMD?" Bremer said no, he was not. Bush then put the same question to his military commander, General Tommy Franks. But Franks said it wasn't his job either. A little exasperated, Bush asked, So who is in charge of finding WMD? After aides conferred for a moment, someone volunteered the name of Stephen Cambone, a little-known deputy to Donald Rumsfeld, back in Washington. Pause. "Who?" Bush asked.

Feel free to try to convince me that a middle-aged frat boy has not taken over running of this country and is treating it the same way he did the beer keg committee back at the frat house. Go ahead. Try.


7:48 AM