Welcome to Mac Diva's pantry.

This is an Aaron Hawkins fan site.





Contact: red_ankle@mac.com

 
Archives
<< current













 



























Resources:

Best of the Blogs
Blogarama
Blogosphere.us
Blogstreet
Buzzflash
Pacific Northwest Blogs PeaceBlogs.org
Popdex
Progressive Gold
Site Meter
Technorati
The Truth Laid Bear


Listed on BlogShares

Google
WWW Mac-a-ro-nies

Links:



Contribute:

A gift from Amazon Wish List

Donate via PayPal



Blogroll Me!

Mac-a-ro-nies
 
Wednesday, April 02, 2003  
Off and on the Web

Off

I.

The cold situation remains as murky as Pfc. Jessica Lynch's rescue. It turns out I can't take most cold medications because they conflict with my allergy medicine. I have been getting a little relief with an over-the-counter inhaler. However, my nose is starting to bleed. I've made an appointment with a doctor. (The Diva has a very delicate nose. It sunburns easily, too. But, perhaps that sensitive nose helps her sniff out sneaky conservatives.)

II.

A couple of recent mailings remind me that I should be focusing on my fiction writing more. I still have time to sign up for a local or regional summer writers' conference. Reed College's would be the most convenient. This is a far cry from the days when I thought nothing of flying to Colorado, California or New York for a conference.

III.

My friends are too polite to ask how the manuscript for my second novel is coming along, but I will answer the question anyway. It is about 90 percent finished and untouched of late. Maybe I lost my motivation when it became orphaned. Or, perhaps I have a fear of success. You be the analyst.

On

I.

I have been taken to task by a veteran blogger for publishing this paragraph this morning:

John Cole seems to have become obsessed with the idea of swarthy Middle-Easterners attaching hot wires to the genitals of a pale-skinned American teenager despite the absence of evidence any such thing happened. Maybe he views Birth of a Nation weekly for erotic satisfaction.

I have redacted the graf to read:

Some conservatives seem to have become obsessed with the idea of swarthy Middle-Easterners attaching hot wires to the genitals of a pale-skinned American teenager despite the absence of evidence any such thing happened. Is it any wonder Birth of a Nation still sells well?

Though I believe the named Right Wing American may fit into the demographic described, it includes a lot more people than him. So, I believe this is a more fair statement.

You will notice I did not back away from saying there may be a racial component to the concern about Pfc. Lynch. That is because I believe there probably is. And, a gender component. I'll try to get around to writing about both.

II.

Mac-a-ro-nies is now a week old -- sort of. Blogger's 16-hour meltdown this week shut me down with other non-Pro users. I had not witnessed anything like it in my four months regularly accessing blogs, so I was surprised. Assuming my inability to publish or even post at times was somehow a commentary on the skills of a two-week old novice, I kept trying and trying and trying. It was hours before Blogger admitted it was the problem. Hoping to never encounter that experience again, I really, really want to move up into the ranks of Blogger Pro. Their servers mainly stayed up and they get technical support.

III.

I will be writing more about gun research fraud John Lott, Jr. Not only is Lott a poster boy for bad research about guns, his reach extends into bad research about voting, an equally important topic. Much of his output is marred by racism and sexism, in addition to being just plain wrong. I believe him to be representative of what is wrong with many of the denizens of Right Wing foundations. Stay, um, cocked. (Yes, I know that is a naughty phrase, K.D.)


3:06 PM